Friday, October 12, 2012

The Post where I save my mom's reputation

I love my kids and I try to make sure they make good decent choices. I also try to keep a bunch of crap out of there heads, they can fill their heads with crap later on in life. That is why I don't let my son watch Spongebob. Hell, it takes place in Bikini Bottom.

When I was a kid I liked the song Chantilly Lace by The Big Bopper, my mom really didn't think it was appropriate for me to be singing. It talks about a guy and what kind of women he likes. Inoccent enough, but it makes women look like objects, a message my mom didn't approve.

Flash forward to now. We have these kind of songs: I'm Sexy and I Know it, LMFAO Honky Tonk Badonkadonk, Trace Adkins and a million others.

Most of the time in the car I pop in a cd or listen to country, thus why my daughter was singing "we're never ever getting back together" By Taylor Swift, Country is starting to make me think twice about turning the radio on a good friend of mine told me her son was singing 5-1-5-0 somebody call the po po, at the top of his lungs in the store. hmmm, I rather have my middle daughter screaming "I'm going off the rails of the crazy train! I know things aren't going right for me, you've gotta listen to my words!" By Ozzy. Which she has while in Walmart.

So mom, I thank you for being concerned, I did grow up, and Chantilly Lace did not fuck screw me up, in fact if anything it made me a better mother to my own girls. I let them listen to Ozzy spout these words

"Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate"

 but not these words by  Trace Adkins inHonky Tonk Badonkadonk,

"It's so hard not to stare
At that honky tonk badonkadonk
Keepin' perfect rhythm
Make ya wanna swing along
Got it goin' on
Like Donkey Kong
And whoo-wee
Shut my mouth, slap your grandma..."

 Ozzy vs. Trace, Ozzy wins by a landslide.

So dear readers what songs make you cover your kids ears?

No comments:

Post a Comment