Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gandhi and other freethinkers

Every once in a while, my kids pull a Gandhi on me. Meaning they get all deep and thoughtful on me. Gandhi was what I call a free thinker, he was peaceful and deep. Much like Martin Luther King, Einstein, Van Gogh, they stick out like sore thumbs.

I love this about my children and I encourage them to think for themselves, be who they are inside and never mind what others are doing.

So today at the bus stop. Thing 2, had this to say:

 Daughter " mommy who made all of this?" me "God created us and all of this" Daughter "mommy I don't want to die till I'm old like you" me" you won't die till you're older than me" Daughter "when is that tree going to die" me "whenever it runs out of light, oxygen and water" Daughter "can we have a snack when I get home from school?" me "sure"

Hunger always wins over philosophical thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment