Sunday, October 14, 2012

Short Life

When I look at my kids, I am grateful for the joy they spread, for the lives they have lived albeit short compared to some. We've moved, a lot, my son is 6 and we've moved at least 5 times. We are not a military family, we've moved due to umforseen circumstances. Landlords raising rent a week before Christmas after my husband lost his job. We've gone through a handful of jobs, houses, cars and bad circumstances.

I always compared the places we've lived, rating them from different points, friends we've made, jobs, parks, school districts, houses we've lived in... as I look back each time I realize what made us happy was our family. Not the awesome park down the street.

We've always had each other. It takes forever to meet people in small towns. Most people have lived in a small town there whole life. They're not open to new people. We've usually spent 2 years or less in a new place. We've lived the longest where we are now.

If it wasn't for my kids and the hubby, I would've been REALLY lonely. They truly are my best friends. I realized this, as my husband left to do a lawn job, I had to struggle to explain why they couldn't go with daddy. They've always gone everywhere we go, I attribute the fact that my kids are smart and well rounded because we take them all over the place.

The experiences they have had outweigh that of an average kid. My son has learned to make friends, learned to find the positive in any situation, so has his 3 year old sister, my wish for them is to grow up and realize we've always tried to give them the best even if we couldn't give them exactly what they wanted.

Life never goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment