Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween.

I've been sick for 3 weeks now, thus the lack of posts.

We managed to survive Halloween, it went spectacularly well compared to last year. The hubs and I agreed on who would take them, the kids actually ate dinner before trick or treating. Last year was a pain in the ass I had a 3 month old baby in a Moby wrap, it was cold, my son did not want to keep going but our daughter would have gone all night if we'd let her.

This year, I took the kids around our immediate block with Ms.Chief, then came back, hubs was back from work, he took the bigs and I let Ms.chief roam the house in a monkey costume with a sucker as I passed out candy. Sugar cures baby blues. Hubs brought big kids home on time, took the baby back out to trick or treat. Kids actually went to bed on time. It was a dream come true. Minus the fact that I was hacking my brains out, and trying to keep snot from running down my face.

Now every morning if the kids get dressed on time, eat there breakfast they get a piece of candy then brush there teeth then go to school. Yes candy for breakfast.

Now. It is dooms day, the day before deer season starts and I am sitting here writing a blog post, instead of gathering the essentials. I really don't feel like sleeping in a cold camper in the middle of nowhere with 3 kids, but the kids want to go and it is only for 2 days.They get to see gram and gramps, aunts, uncles and cousins. It is more like thanksgiving than anything, so  it is my duty to pull my shit together and go.

So off I go, to pull my shit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment