Sunday, November 4, 2012

Freeze Your Balls, MInnesota.

A short briefing on where we are on the US Map. I live in Freeze Your Balls, Minnesota about 200some miles from Frost Bite Falls, MN and another some miles from American Indian Territory. I live Up North.

Deer season is a holiday in these parts, so the family traveled into the woods for a weekend of camo, orange, outhouses and lots of trees. Kids can't hunt till they are teenagers so we leave the pretend hunting to them and the real hunting to the adults.

I don't hunt. I didn't grow up with it like the hubs. Whenever he was going to teach me, I was preggers or had a baby to take care of. I just cook, eat, run after kids and make sure they wear orange when they play with the dogs.

 Deer hunters are like Fishermen. LOTS of Stories.

My deer season started out pretty rocky. My son gets home late afternoons from school. It gets dark early here, and our trailer does not have lights because the dog chewed them off. This put us in a tight spot, we had to go within an hour of his arrival.

I was making hot dish and lasagna, to take with. Packing, and getting 3 kids ready. In the midst of this Ms.chief climbed a chair, tipped it over and fell to the floor. She was fine, but had a full diaper. I took her legs out of her 1 piece pjs, took the diaper off. I then heard my daughter yell out mom your pot is leaking. So I ran into the kitchen to drain my noodles. Talk about multi-tasking.

I then proceeded upstairs for a new diaper and clothes for Ms.chief-she'd been in her long johns all day. She followed me up the stairs. As I found clothes and packed a few more items, I suddenly smelled something. I looked down at the kid and said ew did you fart? NO.

I found poop on the floor and in her pjs. I had already packed the diapers and wipes. I couldn't run down and get them so I went and grabbed a wash cloth and wiped up the mess. I needed to pee really bad, instead of peeing I turned the water on to wash out her clothes and wash cloth. The flood gates opened and I started to pee.

I quickly pulled down my pants and sat on the toilet. I pulled off my long johns and as I was doing this I looked over.

There was Ms.Chief staring at me a toothbrush shoved in her mouth, butt naked, one sock on and grinning from ear to ear. It was then I heard hubs clomping up the stairs in his boots. Yelling "WE HAVE 15 MIN". WHAT! I said?! I wiped, pulled up my pants, threw bags down the stairs, scooped clothes for Ms.Chief off the floor, dressed her as fast as I Could grabbed her and ran down the stairs. Got shoes, coats and mismatched socks for the bigs. I dressed a kid, gave them a bag, pushed them out the door, dressed another kid gave them a bag sent them out the door.

Grabbed 4 bags, grabbed Ms.chief, put 'em all in the car. We BOOKED it like mad people and prayed like hell we had all we would need.

We did make it to hunting territory before dark. We also managed to have all the stuff we needed. Somehow my stellar done-this-a-million-times survivalist packing skills kicked in.

We are back for the week. School and all. BUT we get to do it all over again next week, and if you know anyone who can re-wire trailer lights send 'em up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment